Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) & Step by Step Guide
What is online registration?
Online registration allows coaches & players to be register directly with USA Hockey through an Internet connection at www.usahockeyregistration.com. The USA Hockey Waiver is completed, and USA Hockey fee of $40 and Affiliate Massachusetts Hockey fee of $8 are paid online with a credit card to USA Hockey.
Why online registration for USA Hockey?
To reduce the workload of local program volunteers – time & money saver! Registration online causes fewer registration errors, eliminates the need for paper Waiver of Liability (reducing paperwork) and NCMYH can establish the number of teams a lot faster.
When will online registration be available?
Online registration for coaches & players for the 2013-2014 season is available starting onMay 1, 2013.The registration will be valid from May 1,2013 through April 30, 2014. The USA Hockey season date remains September 1 through August 31 of each year.
Who should register online?
All coaches & players participating in the 2013-2014 season will pay the USA Hockey fee directly to USA Hockey.The USA Hockey fee is waived for children age 6 (birth year 2007) and younger, but the online registration must still be completed to get the confirmation number (no fee will be required). If a player plays/coaches he/she pays only one registration fee.
What credit cards can be used?
Online registration will accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover Cards. Credit or debit cards can be used.
What if I don't have a credit/debit card?
If a person doesn′t have a credit/debit card, they can have a friend process the registration for them. Or, they can purchase a Visa gift card from a local bank for the amount to be spent
Step by Step Guide to Registering Online
- Go to www.usahockeyregistration.com
- Choose member type Ice Player &Coach.
- You must be 18 years of age to process a registration…. Check the box that acknowledges that YOU are 18 or older
- Select the correct season – 2013-2014.
- Follow the prompts…fill in all data correctly. Use names that are listed on your birthcertificate...no nicknames. Coaches be careful that the name you use here matches what you provided for your coaching certification.
- Process payment – Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express (creditor debit card). A Visa gift card will also work.
- Print your Confirmation page at this time. It will also be emailed to you immediatelyafter the registration is completed.
- Forward the email copy of the registration to
and use the Confirmation number when registering with NCMYH.
What do I do with the confirmation page?
A confirmation email is sent to you immediately after an online registration, forward this copy to theNCMYRegistrar
What if someone loses their confirmation page?
The confirmation page is available to print at the time of registration. It is also emailed to the registrant so that it can be saved on their hard drive. If the form is lost, a duplicate can be requested by logging onto www.usahockeyregistration.com and accessing the online registration page.